Welcome to New York City SHRM!
I am delighted to serve as President for the 2015-2016 year and proud to
work with our 25 Special Interest Groups (SIGs), Committees, and the
We are the first SHRM Chapter, founded more than 65 years ago, and
one of its largest. In this digital age, it is increasingly important to join a
professional organization to stay connected and to continue learning.
It's exciting to connect face to face at seminars and networking
events that focus on strategic issues, best practices, and the latest HR
With nearly 2,000 human resource professionals, New York City SHRM provides you with an outstanding return of over $5,000 on your investment with the following benefits:
- Attend 40+ events each year, inclusive of 25 FREE and additional Paid Programs including:
- Annual all-day HR Management Conference
- Legal and Legislative all-day Conference
- Strategic Series for C-level professionals
- Speaker Select Series with authors' presentations
- Annual Legal Update
- Bi-Weekly Seminars
- Annual Chapter Event
- Networking Events
- Receive Recertification credit hours for attending our seminars through HRCI & SHRM.
- Explore areas of common interest through members-only Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
- Find new job opportunities through our HR Job Postings.
- Address your recruitment needs with free Job Postings on our website.
- Access members-only content including an interactive Member Directory.
- Keep up to date on the latest issues and trends affecting the workplace.
- Receive a free six-month subscription to Crain's New York Business.
- Benefit from our Strategic Partnerships with WorldatWork and discounts for HR Train & PayScale.
- And of course... Enjoy Networking!
We look forward to you becoming part of our New York City SHRM family and encourage you to take advantage of our exclusive membership benefits!
Enhance your career – Explore our SIGs and Committees to determine which ones interest you most. Join committees, take leadership roles as Chairs and Co-chairs, become a Board member, mentor new professionals, and make a difference! See our Volunteer Engagement page for details on how you can get involved.
If you are not currently a member, just click to join and experience all the member benefits!
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. Join our LinkedIn groups to engage in conversation and focus on the latest topics and events.
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming seminars!
Arlene C. Newman
President, New York City SHRM