October 18, 2016
#NYCSHRMChat –Benefits of Mentorship
Join us Tuesday, October 18th @4:30 PM EST for our next twitter chat.
(Note: New Date for October; we’ll resume our every second Tuesday of the month schedule in November!)
Topic: Benefits of Mentorship
Highlighting the NYCSHRM Mentoring Program, we will be discussing the benefits of mentorship. Some sample questions are below:
- What is mentorship?
- What are the benefits of mentorship?
- How do you engage leaders in supporting the mentorship program in your organization?
- How do you measure a successful mentorship program?
CEO & Founder, Catalyst Global Consulting
Reno founded Catalyst Global Consulting to help business leaders design and innovate their people strategy for organizational growth. As a PhD candidate in Business Psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology, she is fascinated in understanding how HR technology can revolutionize they way organizations manage their talent. She is also serving as an adjunct faculty at York College (CUNY), teaching aspiring HR professionals and psychologists.
In addition, Reno is a proud alumna of the 2007 NYC SHRM Mentoring Program. Her experience as a mentee provided her with limitless potentials and opportunities. She is now paying it forward by serving as a mentor to startup founders and future HR leaders.
Connect with her @hrnotepad.
First time participating in a Twitter Chat? Here’s how it works:
1. At the appointed time log into your twitter account.
2. Search the hashtag #NYCSHRMChat to find the stream
3. The facilitator will tweet out questions to the group. As the questions are posted, they will be number Q1, Q2, Q3 etc.
4. When you want to answer a question, such as Q1, always begin your answer with the letter A and the corresponding number of the question. For example, at the beginning of your tweet type A1, then your answer. A1 corresponds to question Q1, A2 corresponds to question Q2 etc.
5. Include the hashtag #NYCSHRMChat in all your posts.
6. Feel free to re-tweet the questions through out the chat as well. Also re-tweet the answers of others and engage with folks directly during the chat.
7. It is ok to just follow the stream too. However, makes sure you tweet out a greeting at the very least so we know you are there with us.
(Tweetdeck and other platforms make following a specific hashtag very easy.)
Join @NYCSHRM on the second Tuesday of every month at 4:30 pm EST